Who can take E-Learning courses?
Any adult in Ontario who needs or wants to take credit courses to complete the requirements of a high school diploma, or obtain prerequisite courses for college or university. You must not be registered in any other day school.
Additional Information about E-Learning
- E-learning students must complete an orientation (online or in-person) at the start of their course. At orientation students receive:
- Their username and password
- A demonstration of the e-learning website
- Useful information regarding the course, timelines and lesson submission
- Courses are designed to be completed in 6 weeks.
- Teachers are available via email and by appointment.
- Students are expected to log onto the course site daily.
- Text books and all other course materials are available online.
- Concurrent courses are not allowed.
- Math and science courses include a midterm exam that must be successfully completed
- Each student must successfully complete the final exam and/or RST to earn the credit.
- Mid-term and final exams are proctored at St. Nicholas Adult High School free-of-charge.
- To register for a second on-line course, talk to your teacher prior to writing your final exam for next steps. A counsellor must approve all new course requests.